1. “There are three groups of events in which may occur in human lives:
1.) You may share in those normal happenings which are a part of the life you and your fellows live on the face of the earth;
2.) You may chance to fall victim to one of the accidents of nature, one of the mischances of men, knowing full well that such occurrences are in no way prearranged or otherwise produced by the spiritual forces of the realm; and
3.) You may reap the harvest of your direct efforts to comply with the natural laws governing the world.”
2. In the matter of sickness and health, you should know that these bodily states are the result of material causes; health is not the smile of heaven, neither is affliction the frown of God.
3. Learn to weigh the consequences of your sayings and doings; “the true teacher maintains his intellectual integrity by ever remaining a learner.”
4. Learn to let experience teach you the value of meditation and the power of intelligent reflection; for, “the master of all teachers is actual experience.”
5. Learn that the expression of a good thought must be modulated in accordance with the intellectual status and spiritual development of the hearer; remember that the reaping is in accordance with the sowing.
6. Forget not, every one who exalts himself shall be humbled, while he who truly humbles himself shall be exalted.
7. Learn the real rewards for noble living are, after all, spiritual prizes, which are not always distributed during this one life in the flesh.