1. Successful living is nothing more or less than the art of the mastery of dependable techniques for solving common problems.
2. The first step in the solution of any problem is to locate the difficulty, to isolate the problem, and frankly to recognize its nature and gravity.
3. The wise and effective solution of any problem demands that the mind shall be free from bias, passion, and all other purely personal prejudices which might interfere with the disinterested survey of the actual factors that go to make up the problem presenting itself for solution.
4. Prejudice is inseparately linked to selfishness; it blinds the soul to the recognition of truth, and prejudice can be removed only by the sincere devotion of the soul to the adoration of a cause that is all-embracing and all-inclusive of one’s fellow men.
5. Prejudice can be eliminated only by the abandonment of self-seeking and by substituting therefor the quest of the satisfaction of the service of a cause that is not only greater than self, but one that is even greater than all humanity – the search for God, the attainment of divinity.
6. Only a brave person is willing honestly to admit, and fearlessly to face, what a sincere and logical mind discovers.
7. The solution of life-problems re quires courage and sincerity; only honest and brave individuals are able to follow valiantly through the perplexing and confusing maze of living to where the logic of a fearless mind may lead.
8. And this emancipation of the mind and soul can never be affected without the driving power of an intelligent enthusiasm which borders on religious zeal; it requires the lure of a great ideal to drive man on in the pursuit of a goal which is beset with difficult material problems and manifold intellectual hazards.
9. You can hardly expect success unless you are equipped with that wisdom of mind and charm of personality which enable you to win hearty support and cooperation of your fellows.
10. You cannot hope for a large measure of success in either secular or religious work unless you can learn how to persuade your fellows, to prevail with men; you simply must have tact and tolerance.
Free PDF Download: Holy Jesus Book
Amazon Kindle and Paperback Editions: Holy Jesus Book