500,000 years ago, the Badonan tribes of the northwestern highlands of India became involved in another great racial struggle. For more than one hundred years this relentless warfare raged, and when the long fight was finished, only about one hundred families were left. But these survivors were the most intelligent and desirable of all the then living descendants of Andon and Fonta.
And now, among these highland Badonites there was a new and strange occurrence. A man and woman living in the northeastern part of the then inhabited highland region began suddenly to produce a family of unusually intelligent children. This was the Sangik family, the ancestors of all of the six colored races of our planet, Urantia.
These Sangik children, nineteen in number, were not only intelligent above their fellows, but their skins manifested a unique tendency to turn various colors upon exposure to sunlight. Among these nineteen children were five red, two orange, four yellow, two green, four blue, and two indigo. These colors became more pronounced as the children grew older, and when these youths later mated with their fellow tribespersons, all of their offspring tended toward the skin color of the Sangik parent.
THE SIX SANGIK RACES OF OUR PLANET URANTIA
The simultaneous emergence of all six races on our planet Urantia, and in one family, indeed concludes (on this planet) we all are human brothers and sisters. The following separately considers each:
- The red people. These peoples were remarkable specimens of the human race, in many ways superior to Andon and Fonta. They were a most intelligent group and were the first of the Sangik children to develop a tribal civilization and government. They were always monogamous; even their mixed descendants seldom practiced plural mating.
In later times, they had serious and prolonged trouble with their yellow brethren in Asia. They were aided by their early invention of the bow and arrow, but they had unfortunately inherited much of the tendency of their ancestors to fight among themselves, and this so weakened them that the yellow tribes were able to drive them off the Asiatic continent.
About eighty-five thousand years ago the comparatively pure remnants of the red race went en masse across to North America, and shortly thereafter the Bering land isthmus sank, thus isolating them. No red person ever returned to Asia. But throughout Siberia, China, central Asia, India, and Europe they left behind much of their stock blended with the other colored races. When the red people crossed over into America, they brought along much of the teachings and traditions of their early origin. But in a short time after reaching the Americas, the red people began to lose sight of these teachings, and there occurred a great decline in intellectual and spiritual culture. Very soon these people again fell to fighting so fiercely among themselves that it appeared that these tribal wars would result in the speedy extinction of this remnant of the comparatively pure red race.
Increasingly the more intelligent strains of the red people perished in these tribal struggles; otherwise a great civilization would have been built upon the North American continent by these able and intelligent people of the red race.
After crossing over to America from China, the northern red man never again came in contact with other world influences (except the Eskimo) until he was later discovered by the white man. As it was, the red man could not rule the white man, and he would not willingly serve him. In such a circumstance, if the two races do not blend, one or the other is doomed.
- The orange people. The outstanding characteristic of this race was their peculiar urge to build, to build anything and everything, even to the piling up of vast mounds of stone just to see which tribe could build the largest mound.
The orange race was not a progressive people and was the first to follow the coast line southward toward Africa as the Mediterranean Sea withdrew to the west. But they never secured a favorable footing in Africa and were wiped out of existence by the later arriving green race. The last great struggle between the orange and the green men occurred in the region of the lower Nile valley in Egypt. This long-drawn-out battle was waged for almost one hundred years, and at its close very few of the orange race were left alive. The shattered remnants of these people were absorbed by the green and by the latter arriving indigo men. But as a race the orange people ceased to exist about one hundred thousand years ago.
- The yellow people. The primitive yellow tribes were the first to abandon the chase, establish settled communities, and develop a home life based on agriculture. Intellectually they were somewhat inferior to the red race, but socially and collectively they proved themselves superior to all of the Sangik peoples in the matter of fostering racial civilization. Because they developed a fraternal spirit, the various tribes learning to live together in relative peace, they were able to drive the red race before them as they gradually expanded into Asia.
The survival of comparatively large numbers of the yellow race is due to their intertribal peacefulness. From about one hundred thousand years ago to the times of modern China, the yellow race has been numbered among the more powerful of our nations of Urantia.
- The green people. The green race was one of the less able groups of the primitive human beings, and they were greatly weakened by extensive migrations in different directions.
The green race split into three divisions: The northern tribes were subdued, enslaved, and absorbed by the yellow and blue races. The eastern group were amalgamated with the Indian peoples of those days, and remnants still persist among them. The southern nation entered Africa, where they destroyed their almost equally inferior orange cousins.
In many ways both groups were evenly matched in this struggle since each carried strains of the giant order, many of their leaders being eight and nine feet in height. These giant strains of the green race were mostly confined to the southern or Egyptian nation.
The remnants of the victorious green men were subsequently absorbed by the indigo race, the last of the colored peoples to develop and emigrate from the original Sangik center of race dispersion.
- The blue people. The blue race was a great people. They early invented the spear and subsequently worked out the rudiments of many of the arts of modern civilization. The blue race had the brain power of the red race associated with the soul and sentiment of the yellow race. The so called white races of Urantia are the descendants of this blue race.
The European researches and explorations of the Old Stone Age have largely to do with unearthing the tools, bones and art craft of these ancient blue people.
- The indigo people. As the red race was the most advanced of all the Sangik peoples, so this black race was the least progressive. They were the last to migrate from their highland homes. They journeyed to Africa, taking possession of the continent, and have ever since remained there except when they have been forcibly taken away, from age to age, as slaves.
Notwithstanding their backwardness, the indigo peoples have exactly the same standing before the celestial powers as any other earthly race.
There are many good and sufficient reasons for the plan of evolving six colored races. The following are called attention to:
- Variety is indispensable to opportunity for the wide functioning of natural selection, differential survival of superior strains.
- Stronger and better races are to be had from the interbreeding of diverse peoples.
- Competition is healthfully stimulated by diversification of races.
- Differences in status of the races and of groups within each race are essential to the development of human tolerance and altruism.
- Homogeneity of the human race is not desirable until the peoples of an evolving world attain comparatively high levels of spiritual development.
Free PDF Download: Planet Earth Book
Amazon Kindle and Paperback Editions: Planet Earth Book