1. “The kingdom of heaven is not of meat and drink but rather a life of progressive righteousness and increasing joy in the perfecting service of my Father who is in heaven.”
2. “If you would enter the kingdom, you must have a righteousness that consists in love, mercy, and truth –- the sincere desire to do the will of my Father in heaven.”
3. “Kingdom believers hunger for righteousness and thirst for divine protection;” the truth-loving soul, the one who hungers and thirsts for righteousness for God, is admitted by faith to the spiritual kingdom; in the kingdom, being righteous, by faith, must precede doing righteousness in the daily life of the mortals on earth.
4. The Father’s kingdom concerns not things visible and material, for where the spirit of God teaches and leads the soul of man, there in reality is the kingdom of heaven; and this kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy.
5. This new kingdom is like a seed growing in the good soil of a field; it does not attain full fruit quickly; there is an interval of time between the establishment of the kingdom in the soul of man and that hour when the kingdom ripens into the full fruit of everlasting and eternal salvation.
6. “You cannot buy salvation; you cannot earn righteousness. Salvation is the gift of God, and righteousness is the natural fruit of the spirit-born life of sonship in the kingdom.”
7. He who hears the gospel of the kingdom and believes in this teaching of sonship with God, has eternal life; already are such believers passing from judgment and death to light and life.
8. “You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life; rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as a gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth.”
9. “When men believe this gospel, which is a
revelation of the goodness of God, they will be led to voluntary repentance of all known sin; realization of the sonship is incompatible with the desire to sin.”
10. Fret not yourself because of the prosperity of the ungodly; fear not those who plot evil; for, “everyone who sincerely desires to find eternal life by entrance into the kingdom of God shall certainly find such everlasting salvation.”
11. Let the soul turn away from sin and put your whole trust in the God of salvation; “the Lord is gracious and full of compassion; He is the God of salvation;” “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up the wounds of the soul; He is man’s all-powerful benefactor.”
12. Stand not still; go forward in righteousness and retrogress not into evil and sin; “forget those things which are in the past while you push forward to embrace the greater realities of the kingdom.”
13. Be not content with your childhood in the gospel but strive for the attainment of the full stature of divine sonship in the communion of the spirit and in the fellowship of believers.
14. Faith, simple childlike belief, is the key to the door of the kingdom; but having entered the door, there are the progressive steps of righteousness which every believing child must ascend in order to grow up to the full stature of the robust sons and daughters of God.
15. The five phases, or epochs, of the kingdom in the process of gradually changing human will and thus human decisions are:
a. The personal and inward experience of the spiritual life of the fellowship of the individual believer with God the Father.
b. The enlarging brotherhood of gospel believers, the social aspects of the enhanced morals and quickened ethics resulting from the reign of God’s spirit in the hearts of individual believers.
c. The supermortal brotherhood of invisible spiritual beings which prevails on earth and in heaven, the superhuman kingdom of God.
d. The prospect of the more perfect fulfillment of the will of God, the advance toward the dawn of a social order in connection with improved spiritual living –- the next age of men.
e. The kingdom in its fullness, the future spiritual age of light and life on earth.
16. And when this kingdom of spiritual preeminence does come upon earth, it will not be manifested in more improved social and material conditions, but rather in the glories of those enhanced and enriched spiritual values which are characteristic of the approaching age of improved human relations and advancing spiritual attainments.
17. So if the things you do with your hands, or the things you see with your eyes give offense in the progress of the kingdom, sacrifice these cherished idols, for it is better to enter the kingdom minus many of the beloved things of life rather than cling to these idols and find yourself shut out of the kingdom.
18. But most all, see that you despise not a little child, for their angels do always behold the faces of the heavenly hosts.Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2020 Douglas Mayberry