In His contact with us as the mortals of time, our Universal Father does not exercise His infinite power and final authority by direct transmittal; but rather our Father rules in the sectors of time and space through His Paradise Creator Sons and their subordinate personalities. On down through the universe organization there is an unbroken chain of rulers, ending with the (celestial) Planetary Princes, who direct the destinies of the evolutionary worlds of our Father’s vast domains. It is no mere poetic expression that exclaims: “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.” “He removes kings and sets up kings.” And God does all this of His own free will.
If the occasion should arise, if it should become the choice of God’s divine mind, any and all powers of God delegated by Him could be exercised direct; but as a rule, such action only takes place as a result of the failure of the delegated personality to fulfill His divine trust. At such times failure should occur, and in the face of such default and within the limits of His reservation of divine power and potential, God acts independently and in accordance with the mandates of His own choice; and that choice is always one of unfailing perfection and infinite wisdom.
Here, on our native evolutionary world of Urantia, all our scriptures of revealed and evolutionary religion are the efforts of the sovereign ruler of Michael of Nebadon (who was bestowed on our planet as Jesus of Nazareth) and his staff; they are not the direct transmittals of God. Those of us who live the unfortunate existence of non-commune with our Heavenly Father must rely upon the efforts of Michael of Nebadon (the highest expression of God in our local universe Nebadon) and his staff to transmit the character of our Father. However those of us who can spiritually commune [right now] with our Father [do] feel and appreciate the goodness of His character through our personal religious living experiences with Him.
In the affairs of our hearts, our Universal Father may not always have His way; but in the conduct and destiny of this planet, His divine plan prevails; His eternal purpose of wisdom and love eternally triumphs! Said Jesus: “My Father, Who gave them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”
If we could glimpse the manifold workings and view the staggering immensity of our Father’s well nigh limitless creation, we would not fail to accept Him as securely and everlastingly enthroned at His Paradise center of all things and as the beneficent Father of all intelligent beings. There is but “one God” and He is our “Father of all;” He is “Who is above all and in all,” and “He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.”
The uncertainties of our life and the vicissitudes of our existence do not in any manner contradict the concept of the universal sovereignty of God. Our creature life, as well as all other evolutionary creature life, is beset by certain inevitabilities. Consider the following:
- Is Courage — strength of character — desirable? Then too must we be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.
- Is Altruism — service of one’s fellows — desirable? Then must our life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.
- Is Hope — the grandeur of trust — desirable? Then must human existence constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.
- Is Faith — the supreme assertion of human thought — desirable? Then must our mind find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.
- Is the Love of Truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must we grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.
- Is Idealism — the approaching concept of the divine — desirable? Then must we struggle in an environment of relative goodness and beauty; surroundings stimulative of the irrepressible reach for better things.
- Is Loyalty — devotion to highest duty — desirable? Then must we too carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. For the valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied danger of default.
- Is Unselfishness — the spirit of self-forgetfulness — desirable? Then must we live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. We could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. We could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.
- Is Pleasure — the satisfaction of happiness — desirable? Then must we live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experimental possibilities.
As free-thinking inhabitants of this evolutionary world, our dispositions must be fallible. There must be the possibility of our mistaken judgment. Our free and inexperienced intelligence cannot possibly be (at first) uniformly wise. It must be spiritually developed, disciplined, and experientially enhanced in the thrill of wholehearted and intelligent devotion to the loyal duty of doing God’s divine will in the face of the temptation of default. It must be tested!
We have to earn our status as an ascension candidate to meet our Spiritual Father. We have to earn this status by our own faith and hope. We must earn it by the faith and hope that we will climb from this lowly status as a mortal animal of time and enter into the open portals of being His eternal spiritual child.
Understand: everything divine which your human mind grasps and your human soul acquires is an experiential attainment toward the ultimate goal of meeting our Father. It is not only a reality of your personal experience, it is (your) unique possession of that reality. And the Supreme Rule of our Father ensures that this same possession of yours will forever have true spiritual value throughout all (your) eternal destiny, of almost an infinity of living.
Free PDF Download: The Mystery of God and Why He Created You!
Amazon Kindle and Paperback Editions: The Mystery Of God and Why He Created You!